Incentives and loyalty programs

As I wrote above, a customer’s loyalty to a brand or store does not develop overnight, but requires time and patience. Sometimes you may need to provide some incentive to speed up the process. For example, you could offer a discount on the second order , therefore aimed at all the people who made their first purchase from you. Or even a small gift related to the type of product purchased previously. Large-scale retail trade

has been a pioneer in this through loyalty programs. Loyalty programs , as the name suggests, serve precisely this purpose: to give the customer a reason to return to purchase from you in exchange for benefits and dedicated offers. Naturally, there is no right or wrong plan, but there is the type most suited to your market and your customers. If you want to learn more, I recommend you read this very in-depth guide which explains how to structure a loyalty program in 6 steps . Communication Customer loyalty is also achieved thanks to more personalized communication, based for example on declared preferences or past purchasing interactions with your company. But how can communication be personalized? Through segmentation . customer segmentation Segmentation is a process by which a set of customers is divided into many small homogeneous subsets on the basis of specific shared parameters such as, for example, their gender, the useful life phase they are in or based on their expressed Belgium Phone Number purchasing preferences ( or all three together if desired). In this article I will talk about personalized communication for profit purposes, i.e.

communication based on purchasing behaviour. When it comes to communication, we often think that the only tool available is email marketing . It is certainly the most efficient and effective, but emails are only one of the many tools available as online advertising on Facebook and Google or CRM also lend themselves very well to this type of initiative. But how can we use three such different channels? What is the glue that would allow us to create a cross-channel communication strategy ? The answer is: thanks to the RFM matrix . The RFM matrix allows you to divide your customer database based on three factors: Recency : when they made their last purchase Frequency : how many purchases they made in the period examined